1:19 Introduction to Melissa Turnock
2:35 Neurogenic Tremor
- Returns NS to parasympathetic state
- Richmond Heath of Melbourne brought TRE to Australia
- Developed by David Berceli
4:35 TRE definition
- Trauma Release Exercise
- Developed in war-torn countries and places that experienced natural disasters. It is a mammalian response to trauma and stress.
- Natural, involuntary tremors which release tension/tiredness in the muscles.
- Tremors start in the adductors
9:32 TRE in a yoga class
- Yoga asanas for 30 minutes
- Tremoring – 15-20 minutes
- Svasana – at least 15 minutes
- Emphasis on breath throughout
12:50 Benefits to students of TRE
- Sleep better
- More alert
- Opens spiritual/emotional state
- Anxiety lessens
- Helps injuries
17:45 Teach regulation and integration in class
Looking for irregular breathing, eye contact, engage in conversation, stop and start tremors so students know they are in control.